Jun 30, 2019
Unfortunately, with all the rain we have had in Grand Rapids this year, we have also had a lot of flooding, and one of the side-effects of flooding, an increase in sewage backup calls. Sewage is potentially a hazardous clean-up situation. Any spaces that come into contact with sewage or water backed up through sewer lines can contain harmful contaminants, including bacteria and other microbes. Foul odors can also develop as a result of a sewer backup. Handling sewage is extremely hazardous, so the clean-up process should only be completed by professionals.
Fortunately, we can help!
If you experience an event such as a clogged pipe or backed up sewer line, call ServiceMaster Grand Rapids as soon as possible. As disaster restoration experts for water, fire, and flood damages, ServiceMaster Grand Rapids has the experience, equipment, and knowledge to tackle any sewer backup damages.
Our professional cleaning crew can effectively handle the following sewage clean-up tasks:
- Removing all items that have been damaged due to sewage backup.
- Properly discarding items that cannot be salvaged.
- Properly disinfecting saved materials off-site.
- Removing all water and sewage with specialty equipment.
- Dehumidifying affected areas.
- Ventilating dangerous fumes and airborne particles.
- Disinfecting flooring and surfaces within a contaminated area.
With our expert processes, training and experience, ServiceMaster Grand Rapids will ensure that your home or business is fully restored to a safe, clean environment for everyone!
Apr 22, 2019
We are in the middle of a VERY WET SPRING! It seems to rain almost everyday here in Grand Rapids, and this has led to quite a bit of flooding and rain damage in homes and businesses throughout the Kent County Area... And if it is not taken care of properly, it also leads to mold damage...
Heavy rains, pooling water, and sump pump malfunctions can lead to basement flooding. Once water begins to pool, it will look for somewhere to run, which is typically along your home’s foundation, down into your basement, and into your sump pump basin. This should trigger your sump pump to start working and pump the water out of your home and away from the foundation.
Your sump pump is your last line of defense against flooding. If it fails, you could be in for some trouble. Just a few inches of water can cause thousands of dollars in damage, so it is important to act quickly if this happens.
First Step In A Flooding Situation - DON'T PANIC
- Call your insurance company - Take pictures or video to document any and all damage. This will be very helpful when you go to file a claim with your insurance company. Without such evidence, your insurance company could fail to pay enough to cover the full extent of the damage or worse, deny your claim altogether.
- Call ServiceMaster Grand Rapids. Water damage is a very serious issue that should be handled by a professional restoration company. We handle each and every flooded basement with the utmost care, speed, and effectiveness, and with decades of experience in the water damage restoration business, we are the clear choice for the job in Grand Rapids.
- But don't wait - mold can form very quickly, and this can lead to even more extensive restoration issues, if it is not tackled immediately, and effectively.
ServiceMaster Grand Rapids is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
Call (616) 988-4357 for Emergency Restoration!