Mar 22, 2019
With spring finally here in Grand Rapids, it is time for everybody's favorite ritual - Spring Cleaning!
So to get you going, here is a simple list of things to get started with
KITCHEN, LAUNDRY ROOM, AND BATHROOMS
- Change filters
- Clean appliances
- Disinfect hard surfaces
- Organize cupboards
- Clean bathmats and shower curtains
LIVING AND DINING ROOMS
- Dust thoroughly
- Treat upholstery
- Organize possessions
- Clean the carpets and floors
- Refresh your entire bed
- Clear out your closet
- Declutter for better sleep
- Check & replace batteries on smoke detectors
- Check and replace exterior light bulbs
Even if all you have time for is a simple list like this, it will make a huge difference in your home!
Oct 31, 2018
Our ServiceMaster of Grand Rapids crew spend a lot of time on the road, and as the winter weather approaches, it seems people need to be reminded of best winter travel practices! All you have to do is add a little snow here in West Michigan, and cars and trucks are in ditches everywhere!
One thing you may want to invest in, is an emergency car kit in your vehicle, especially if you are going for a longer trips. It is always better to be prepared for the unexpected emergencies!
Good things to include:
- Candle in a deep can and matches
- Extra clothing and shoes
- First aid kit with seat belt cutter
- Flashlight (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Food that won't spoil (such as energy bars)
- List of contact numbers
- Small shovel, scraper and snow brush
- Warning light or road flares
Recommended additional items to keep in your vehicle
- Antifreeze, windshield washer fluid
- Fire extinguisher
- Road maps (the actual paper kind!)
- Sand, salt or cat litter (non-clumping)
- Tow rope and jumper cables