Apr 22, 2019
We are in the middle of a VERY WET SPRING! It seems to rain almost everyday here in Grand Rapids, and this has led to quite a bit of flooding and rain damage in homes and businesses throughout the Kent County Area... And if it is not taken care of properly, it also leads to mold damage...
Heavy rains, pooling water, and sump pump malfunctions can lead to basement flooding. Once water begins to pool, it will look for somewhere to run, which is typically along your home’s foundation, down into your basement, and into your sump pump basin. This should trigger your sump pump to start working and pump the water out of your home and away from the foundation.
Your sump pump is your last line of defense against flooding. If it fails, you could be in for some trouble. Just a few inches of water can cause thousands of dollars in damage, so it is important to act quickly if this happens.
First Step In A Flooding Situation - DON'T PANIC
- Call your insurance company - Take pictures or video to document any and all damage. This will be very helpful when you go to file a claim with your insurance company. Without such evidence, your insurance company could fail to pay enough to cover the full extent of the damage or worse, deny your claim altogether.
- Call ServiceMaster Grand Rapids. Water damage is a very serious issue that should be handled by a professional restoration company. We handle each and every flooded basement with the utmost care, speed, and effectiveness, and with decades of experience in the water damage restoration business, we are the clear choice for the job in Grand Rapids.
- But don't wait - mold can form very quickly, and this can lead to even more extensive restoration issues, if it is not tackled immediately, and effectively.
ServiceMaster Grand Rapids is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
Call (616) 988-4357 for Emergency Restoration!
Mar 22, 2019
With spring finally here in Grand Rapids, it is time for everybody's favorite ritual - Spring Cleaning!
So to get you going, here is a simple list of things to get started with
KITCHEN, LAUNDRY ROOM, AND BATHROOMS
- Change filters
- Clean appliances
- Disinfect hard surfaces
- Organize cupboards
- Clean bathmats and shower curtains
LIVING AND DINING ROOMS
- Dust thoroughly
- Treat upholstery
- Organize possessions
- Clean the carpets and floors
- Refresh your entire bed
- Clear out your closet
- Declutter for better sleep
- Check & replace batteries on smoke detectors
- Check and replace exterior light bulbs
Even if all you have time for is a simple list like this, it will make a huge difference in your home!