Get your home or business ready for winter…
Here are some handy tips:
1. Clean out rain gutters: this can help prevent ice buildup on your roof.
2. Trim tree branches: snow gets heavy and can cause branches to fall on your home.
3. Check snowblower: that first snow fall is always a surprise. You can never be too ready.
4. Seal any holes/drafts: now that it’s a little chilly you can probably feel where they are
5. Furnace check: make sure your heat source is ready for the upcoming winter season.
6. Insulate pipes/hot water heater: not only is it more efficient, but safer in extreme temps.
7. Check insulation gaps: where are you losing a lot of heat? Maybe around windows, doors, or elsewhere.
8. Clean chimney: this can be an extreme fire hazard if there is a lot of build-up.
9. 2nd home or vacation cabin/cottage: Going south for the winter? The two main things we can say are make sure you turn off your main water and keep your heat at a safe level. Too many people turn off the heat completely!
10. Disconnect outside hoses and drain/shut off.
Do you have a fire or water damage in your home or business? Contact ServiceMaster of Grand Rapids, Kent & Ionia County right away. 616-988-HELP!
ServiceMaster of Grand Rapids, Kent & Ionia specializes in water and fire damages, pack outs, and general cleaning. We work directly with your insurance company to get your home or business back to normal. We have highly trained technicians that are professional, prompt, knowledgeable and understanding. Winter brings water and fire damages in ways you’d never expect. We are here to help you through it. Call us if you have any questions or concerns and we’ll be happy to walk you through the process. 616-988-HELP.