Jan 3, 2018
Fires Don’t Give Warnings
We get to work fast to get things back to normal fast
You lose more than possessions when a fire strikes your home or business; you lose precious piece of mind. We understand the emotions involved and respond fast.
We know that even after the fire is out the damage to your home and belongings continues. Much of the material found in flooring and furniture is synthetic and when burned, can result in complex chemical reactions. In just a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable. We are experts at understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. We can remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile and porcelain, as well as in fabrics such as upholstery and carpets, thus helping to avoid additional expenses.
Generally with winter/colder temperatures, fires are more prevalent. Below is an infographic showing the most common causes of house fires. Many of which can be avoided. We always encourage families and businesses to go over an emergency exit plan as well as a fire prevention strategy.
We have highly trained fire technicians that have years of experience. We work directly with your insurance company to get your home back to normal as fast as possible. We are available for fire clean-up in your home or business 24/7/365. If you have any questions regarding our services please call us at (616) 988-4357
Dec 1, 2017
Get your home or business ready for winter
Here are some handy tips:
- Clean out rain gutters: this can help prevent ice buildup on your roof.
- Trim tree branches: snow gets heavy and can cause branches to fall on your home.
- Check snowblower: that first snow fall is always a surprise. You can never be too ready.
- Seal any holes/drafts: now that it’s a little chilly you can probably feel where they are
- Furnace check: make sure your heat source is ready for the upcoming winter season.
- Insulate pipes/hot water heater: not only is it more efficient, but safer in extreme temps.
- Check insulation gaps: where are you losing a lot of heat? Maybe around windows, doors, or elsewhere.
- Clean chimney: this can be an extreme fire hazard if there is a lot of build-up.
- 2nd home or vacation cabin/cottage: Going south for the winter? The two main things we can say are make sure you turn off your main water and keep your heat at a safe level. Too many people turn off the heat completely!
- Disconnect outside hoses and drain/shut off.
Do you have a fire or water damage in your home or business? Contact ServiceMaster of Grand Rapids, Kent & Ionia County right away. 616-988-HELP!
ServiceMaster of Grand Rapids, Kent & Ionia specializes in water and fire damages, pack outs, and general cleaning. We work directly with your insurance company to get your home or business back to normal. We have highly trained technicians that are professional, prompt, knowledgeable and understanding. Winter brings water and fire damages in ways you’d never expect. We are here to help you through it. Call us if you have any questions or concerns and we’ll be happy to walk you through the process. 616-988-HELP.